What Packaging Boards do you use?
The material we use for our packaging is chosen to ensure it is appropriate for the intended application. We offer the following materials where appropriate:
1. Single side coated boards - 1 side of this folding box board is clay coated giving the ideal smooth surface for printing. The other side is un-coated and the fibers of the board can be seen which is normally left for the inside of the box. But this can also be printed on and will give an un-coated look and feel to the printed result.
2. Double side coated boards - both sides of the board are clay coated. Making this perfect for double sided printing.
3. Micro Corrugate boards - The mailer boxes on our site use an N-flute micro-flute. Which gives both the very smooth coated surface of a standard packaging board on addition to the strength and rigidity required for postal mailer boxes.
4. Standard Corrugated boards - Thicker than micro corrugated boards these offer greater strength and rigidity to these materials. You will be familiar with the double walled variety used as brown Kraft packaging boxes. But we can also laminated a high quality printed sheet to give a high quality printed finish.
5. Kraft Board - Brown Kraft board is an un-coated board so feels slightly fibrous. This is often best printed with UV cured inks to give a more vivid print finish. This can be enhanced by first printing in white.
6. Mirror Board - Mirror board is available in different metallic finishes the most common being Silver. This can be printed on with a mixture of specialist inks to give unique metallic finishes.